Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Full - Moon

Full
It was a full moon last night... and I guess I should have known that it was coming based on how my day was yesterday (by the way I love you baby). Anyway... this post is going to be about one of my 5 passions - Photography.
Last night I came home from work to a full moon. Since we live in the country.. (well lets say a very small town (pop. 200ish) we don't have a lot of nightime light pollution, so I seized the opportunity to try to capture a good image of the moon. For those that don't know, I use a Pentax K10d Digital Camera and for this particular occasion I used my Sigma 100-300 f/4. Due to the shear size of this beast (that's what she said) I don't pull it out very often (that's what he said). But every time I do use it I am reminded of what this $1200 piece of glass can do.


Moon
I shot this at f/8.0 at 1/180th - ISO 100 - 300mm. This is about a 60% crop of the full image. I need to shoot more... I enjoy taking pictures, but I need a consistent project or challenge. I was telling Nicole last night that I wish I could take a photography class so that I would have assignments to shoot. One idea that I am throwing around in the back of my mind is to form some sort of photography group in northern Colorado, that could meet once a month (or more). and we would have a monthly photo "assignment". We could all get together at the next meeting, review images and discuss the art of photography. Ahh.. but when would I have time for that.



4 comments:

Nicoolmama said...

I think the full moon had a direct effect on my craziness factor;)
You shoot amazing photos babe!

Mot Juste said...

/agreed- very nice photo

Nicoolmama said...

It's time for a new blog from my love.

Nicoolmama said...

Ok...now it's way past time. WRITE A NEW BLOG! Please! Even though we talk every day, I love to read what you write about.
Waiting.....